Monday, October 29, 2012

Simple Cute Fall Decor

Being a crafter I decided any kind of traditional fall decor was just not for me. I had some fabric pumpkins from last year and wanted something to go with them that just seemed me..
Hence my embroidery hoops wall hanging...

Project took about 30 minutes start to finish and under $20.


Supplies used:
14" wooden hoop ($3.29)
2- 10" hoops ($1.19 each)
3- 8" hoops ($.99 each)
3- 4" hoops ($.99 each)
1/2 yard of main fabric ($2.50)
Scraps of fabric
Thumbtacks/Pushpins

Lay the hoop over the fabric and cut a square about 2 inches larger. Lay the fabric over the hoop insert and pop into the outer ring and tighten the screw top. Tighten the fabric by gently pulling taunt in the hoop.

Now if this is to be permanent, you could simply glue the fabric into the hoops or trim the fabric right to the hoop edge.

But since I want to be able to change the fabrics for different seasons I chose to do it differently:
Trim fabric to half an inch around and do a simple gathering stitch by hand, pull tight and tie off.
The backsides then look like this:

To change the fabrics, just snip the gathering thread, pull it out, loosen the screw and remove the fabric.
Once they were all ready, I grabbed my box of thumbtacks and starting with the largest hoop just started arranging them how I liked best.

Now I've got a year round easy to do decor that I love and screams "crafter lives here"!
Happy Fall and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...